Friday, February 12, 2010

Would retaking Precalc over the summer look better on my transcript?

I am a good student and take AP courses, yet math has always been a struggle, especially this year. I didn't do so well. Would retaking it look better than just leaving it as is and just moving on?Would retaking Precalc over the summer look better on my transcript?
What grade did you get for the course? If you got a D or an F, then definitely retake the course, but if you got a C, just leave it, because there is a chance that you'll only get a C again and then that would look even worse than it did before- you took the course twice and didn't improve! Just accept it if it's a C and focus in on doing better in your AP/Honor and regular classes next year.Would retaking Precalc over the summer look better on my transcript?
retake it--it will only improve your grade (i doubt that someone who takes ap courses could retake a course and do worse on it). It will also show colleges how hard you are willing to work. Only good things could come from it so go for it!
That would be a good idea, and it would allow you to focus on something at which you may have a big of a struggle (I'm with you on that). It would help in college apps, so I say go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment