Friday, February 12, 2010

Taking college courses during high school- how to get those credits on your transcript?

I'm taking college courses and community college in addition to my standard 6 periods at high school. I still have not gotten credit for one of the classes I took in the summer, and I am wondering how to get it on to my transcript. It is very important, because without this credit I cannot graduate, even though I took the course. Thanks in advance!Taking college courses during high school- how to get those credits on your transcript?
Yea, my school has 6 periods too, so we are limited of taking College courses or APs in my school.. But it will appear on ur trancsript and ur average will be slightly higher if u calculate the numbers on the transcript cause the grades are weightedTaking college courses during high school- how to get those credits on your transcript?
You need to talk to your guidance right away because this is important. Some high schools do not accept college credits as high school graduation requirements. Since I do not your school, I cannot tell whether your school does accept those credits. However, those credits will still be there when you go to college, where you have to transfer those credits to the college you are attending. So you need to see your guidance counselor.
You need to ask the college for a transcript to be sent to your high school. I think your prerequisites are ok, since you wouldn't be able to take the class without them.





Just walk on over to the office and ask them for an offical transcript to be sent to your school!
were they prerequisite classes to something you need to take. Sometimes the colleges will make you take a course that you need in order to take another course bc you didn't score high enough on the placement test.
Just go to the front office at your high school and tell them about it. They will work with the academic office of the community college to get things straightened out.

No comments:

Post a Comment