Friday, February 12, 2010

Can a school LEGALLY hold your transcript and diploma for throwing your hats at your own graduation?

I just graduated from high school on May 14 and we were told not to throw our hats. Well we threw ours any way. We were told that if we through them they would hold our transcript and diploma for 2 months.... is this legal?Can a school LEGALLY hold your transcript and diploma for throwing your hats at your own graduation?
No they CANNOT hold your transcript and diploma.....all you have to do is mention the word ';lawsuit';, and they will rush you your transcript and diploma faster then you can say ';lawsuit';. Also, if you have the money, sue them, and you will win. I think it has been done before. Finally, get the press involved, the school will not want to be in the public spotlight. Oh, BTW, call the State Board of Education (I think that is who is overseeing them), and tell them what is going on. I hope everything works out. I think my school tried to do that, all I had to do is tell them that I smell a lawsuit coming, and me threatening to contact their accredition agency, and the press, and they gave in! Hope all goes well, bye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment