Friday, February 12, 2010

How do you submit a transcript online?

A online job site require me to submit a resume and a transcript. Is there someway to submit my university transcript online? Or do they mean they want a paper one sent later, from my university?How do you submit a transcript online?
They probably want you to mail it in or in the event of an interview, be able to produce it. There is a way for you to submit it online, you can scan it and then save it on your computer and send it as an attachment but I wouldn't recommend this because it is easy to edit a scanned document which is why most companies want the actual information in their hand. To be efficient just mail it all in at once unless they only are accepting application for the job online. If that' s the case, when you submit your resume make sure you state in your cover letter that you can produce transcripts once an interview is requested.How do you submit a transcript online?
Well, often an online job site will specify if you should apply ONLY online, or ONLY on paper, or what. Look at the site.





I managed to send somebody an unofficial copy of my transcript online, in the following way:





1. Got an unofficial copy of my transcript, on paper, from my university;





2. Went to Kinko's, and used the scanner to scan the transcript onto their computer (can't remember if I saved it as a Word document or a PDF file);





3. From Kinko's, E-mailed a copy of the scanned transcript to myself;





4. Went to my own computer at home, opened the transcript from the e-mail attachment, saved it to my own computer, and uploaded it to a ';My Documents'; feature at the online jobsite, and submitted it.





5. I have also e-mailed the saved transcript to other employers, along with my resume and cover letter.





Hope this helps. Good luck.
Your university is ready to send your transcript for you... expect to pay a fee (usually not more than $5.00). An employer wants it from your school, not you... it will have an official school stamp and since your school will send it directly to your employer, the employer will know that it is unaltered. (Yes, employers are aware that some student's might try to alter their records.)
  • myspace text
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment