Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I get my high school transcript?

I live in California but graduated from a school in West Virginia. I don't want to drive all the way over there but I'm transferring colleges and the new one keeps asking for my high school transcript. How would I get it without driving over there? Can my sister that still goes to that school get it for me? I need it mailed somehow.How can I get my high school transcript?
I have never had to actually show up in person to get a copy of transcript or diploma.


1. Just pick up the phone and call the central office of that school district or the high school itself. Ask them what their procedures are for getting a copy of transcript.


2. If your old school has a website, it may have a way to order transcripts.


3. Write a letter requesting transcript. Give important info such as Student number, date of graduation , your name etc. Some schools provide one or two transcripts for free. Others charge a small fee per copy. Be sure to include your signature.

No comments:

Post a Comment