Friday, February 12, 2010

Can a potential employer view my transcript from my university?

I'm wondering if a company can view my transcript when I apply? Do universities generally have to keep transcripts private?





I've seen the privacy policy for grades, but it is so filled with legal jumbo that it's hard to discern whether or not my transcript can be viewed by a third party.Can a potential employer view my transcript from my university?
No one can see or receive a copy of your transcript without your permission. You have to request a copy be sent to whomever you want to see it.Can a potential employer view my transcript from my university?
No, they have no way of accessing your transcript if you don't send it to them. However, they can call the university in order to verify that you did indeed graduate.
most don't look at individual grades but just want to see if you went to the university you said and that you graduated with the degree you say you have.
Thec can only view it if you give the university permission to send it to them. Otherwise, No. If they ask and you refuse permission, they will wonder why and probably not trust you.
If it's if it's a bad report he probably won't hire you. if it's a good report, let him see it, I don't expect you have to show it to him if you don't want to. But that sends a red flag to him.
They can't view it without your consent, but most employers will ask for your transcript if you're applying for a job right out of college.
i have never been asked to supply a transcipt although i did have to give them permission to contact the school to verify my degree. so i guess they could view the transcript if they really wanted to...

No comments:

Post a Comment