Friday, February 12, 2010

After getting associates, I want to go to new University - is old transcript necessary?

I will graduate from a community college after the summer, and in the fall I plan to go to a 4 year university for a different degree. I am not particularly proud of my current GPA, not that it is horrid. Am I obligated to inform them of my other college experience?





Basically, I am asking if I have to be considered a transfer student, or if I can start fresh and consider myself a first year incoming freshman.


After getting associates, I want to go to new University - is old transcript necessary?
Schools usually ask for transcripts from all old institutions. Most people also like being transfer students if it means they can transfer credits and not have to go through things like their general education courses again. If you really want to start over, you should contact the admissions department at the school you want to attend and ask if there's any way you could do that. You might still have to submit your old transcript, but that will be up to the admissions office. Just remember that starting over will literally mean starting over -- that is, you will probably have to retake ALL of your general education requirements in addition to whatever you need for your major.

No comments:

Post a Comment