Friday, February 12, 2010

When applying for high profile jobs do they generally ask for your college transcript?

Or just go by your resume and application. Do they usually ask your GPA? I am an accounting major.When applying for high profile jobs do they generally ask for your college transcript?
I'd say about 75% of the jobs I applied for asked for an unofficial copy of my transcript. I would assume they are looking for trends in your grades, where your strong points/weaknesses are, something else to judge besides a GPA.





My early years I kinda slacked off, and improved my gpa over time, which showed in my transcript. I explained that I wasn't focused my freshman year, and was adjusting(which was true). I think it's much better to start off with a low GPA and work your way up then to start with A's and B's and go down to C's.When applying for high profile jobs do they generally ask for your college transcript?
I've never had an employer ask for transcripts, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them handy, just in case. If they're concerned about making sure you haven't lied on your resume or application, odds are they'll do a background check.

No comments:

Post a Comment