Friday, February 12, 2010

How can I get into college even if I don't have a transcript of records of my high school grades?

I want to enter college but my high school transcripts got lost due to some unavoidable circumstances. I tried to get other copies but even my high school lost their records due to a natural calamity. How do I do this? I'm sort of worried that this could be a hindrance in my enrollment. Any tips out there? Are there exams I could take or what? Thanks!How can I get into college even if I don't have a transcript of records of my high school grades?
Let us know, please, what state you live in. Some states have different procedures, but your transcripts will be on record with some office within your state's government. There might be a state Commission on Education, as in New Jersey, or there might be a State Board of Education, as in many states. You can check your state's Web site for info or even contact your state legislative representative.





Schools are required by law to keep duplicate records in a safe, off-premise location. The records exist, and finding them should not be too big a challenge. A few letters and/or phone calls or even an in-person visit (if convenient for you) should get the job done. Be aware that there might be a moderate fee.





Even without the transcripts, most colleges will accept you if you can document your successful attendance in some other way, but the transcripts will be valuable. Sometimes even employers request them.





You can do it, and if you need additional information, please do let us know what state you live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment