Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I get a high school transcript from my high school and how long does it take?

I need it for a job interview on Tuesday. Will I get it on time or should I reschedule the interview?How do I get a high school transcript from my high school and how long does it take?
It may take up to a week for you to request transcripts and have them issued to you by your school. Typically if you show up and request a transcript, they cannot complete the request in one day. (going in on Monday and getting a transcript for a Tuesday appointment)


While actual processing time may vary by school, it is best to allow at least a week to get the transcript.


As for getting a copy of the transcript, call or visit your school and ask any of the administrative assistants. More than likely, they will direct you to the registrar who will get your information and process your request. Some schools may require the transcripts be send directly to your employer or another school as to prevent tampering. Others may issue you sealed copies of your transcript that would become void were to to open them to check. If you want to see what is on there before handing it over, ask for an unofficial copy for your records to check for errors.


Don't forget to reschedule that appointmentHow do I get a high school transcript from my high school and how long does it take?
i needed one for my job interview too. i called the school secretary and gave her my info. i was lucky though. my daughter goes to my old school and they sent it home with her. i would say maybe a couple of days by snail mail. it takes no time at all for them to find the info on their computers.
usually you have to call in to your highschool and request it to be sent and depending on the school and where you are it'll take a few days.... and you have to call in on a school day. or go into the school if you're close enough and you should be able to get it that day.
Contact your school asap. Sometimes they can take a long time. If the transcripts don't have to be sealed (sometimes they are required to be unopened) maybe they will fax them to you. Fed-ex works pretty quick if you want to pay the extra postage.





Good luck!
You have to call the High School or the board of education on which your high school is located and talk to them. It usually takes a few days.
The length of time will depend on the school. Contact their office and ask what they need to provide it.
I'd call the school on Monday first thing %26amp; ask for it. Tell the school that you'll come pick it up as most offer to mail it to you. You can go to the interview without it %26amp; explain that you asked for the transcripts, but there's a delay in receiving them %26amp; can provide them as soon as you get them. It's odd for an interview to ask for the transcripts. Usually, colleges %26amp; fly by night schools (DeVry, Maric College, etc) ask for them. Good luck on your interview!
I got mine through the local Board of Education,it cost a few dollars but I got it immediately.
  • myspace text
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment