Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What should I do to start preparing my transcript?

I've college-application stupid at this point. I want to attend DeVry University in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm a junior. What do I do to send one in?What should I do to start preparing my transcript?
Sit down and make a list of all the extracurricular activities, honors, awards, etc that you have recieved. Applications always have a section for that and you don't want to forget any. You can go the school's website and most schools have an online application that you can fill out. As a junior, you can't turn one in yet, but you might want to check it out and see if they require a writing sample or references. Now you have to time to still get those, if you don't have them already.





For the people are just entering high school they have more time to prepare. I would say take a foreign language class for atleast 3-4 years. Most well-known, highly ranked universities make you take a foreign language class or look highly upon people who do. Also, take the SAT and ACT seriously. I wish I could say its not all about grades and scores..... but it pretty much is. Get a good GPA and test scores, and you'll already have a foot in the door at most universities.What should I do to start preparing my transcript?
if you are a JR. I don't think you can't send one just yet. But tak ethe sats, ask for letters of reccomendations to all your teachers, and make sure your community services is turned in
Get the address of the school you want, and go to your guidance counselor and give them sufficient time (2-3 weeks) before you would like the transcript to arrive at the school. They might have a form for you to fill out to provide them with the necessary info.





Also, hope your guidance counselor is not as stupid OR lazy as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment